I/we request permission to reproduce the image(s) (list attached) from the IUPUI University Library Special Collections and Archives, acting on behalf of the Indiana University Board of Trustees, for the purpose specified in this agreement. I/we agree to abide by the following terms:
- Credit must be given to the IUPUI University Library Special Collections and Archives and, if known, the creator of the work.
- The format of the credit line is indicated on the photograph listing. Credit lines must appear with the image or on a credit page indicating the page number and location on the page for each work. Films, videotapes and slide shows may use a credit section at the beginning or end to give credit to the IUPUI University Library Special Collections and Archives. For web site use, credit should appear either next to or directly below the image.
- Permission is granted for one time use. To reuse photographs, please request permission in writing from the Archivist.
- Permission to publish fees: When a decision is made to use a specific photograph for publication, please notify the Archivist and pay the fee unless it has been waived. Permission to publish is contingent on the receipt of this form and the fee.
- A copy of the publication containing the image(s) should be given to the IUPUI University Library Special Collections and Archives as soon as the work has been published.
- IUPUI University Library Special Collections and Archives does not claim to control the rights of reproduction for pictorial material in its collections. The publishing party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of the U.S. Copyright Code.
- If permission is granted for the publishing party itself to photograph visual material, all negatives must be given to the IUPUI University Library Special Collections and Archives.
- Photographs may be cropped to suit design and layout, but they may not be altered or drawn upon so that they look in any way different from the way they appear in the collection.
- The Special Collections and Archives reserves the right to refuse permission and/or provide image reproduction services to publishers and individuals who have not complied with its policies.
- The Special Collections and Archives reserves the right to decline reproduction of fragile items or for inappropriate use.
Permission is hereby granted to reproduce the above photographs provided the Requester meets the conditions listed above and pays the use fee, if applicable.