IUPUI University Library Center for Digital Scholarship
3D Digitization Project Coordinator
The IUPUI University Library (http://www.ulib.iupui.edu) is seeking a collaborative individual with experience in digital project management to coordinate 3D projects for the IUPUI University Library Center for Digital Scholarship (https://ulib.iupui.edu/digitalscholarship), which serves the campus as well as regional museums and archives. This position is a key component in a larger initiative to create, preserve and provide access to unique digital collections for research and education. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help establish 3D digitization workflows and best practices for historic archival artifacts while exploring the application of new technologies for 3D imaging. The 3D Digitization Project Coordinator will report to the Head of Digitization Services for the Center for Digital Scholarship.
The Center for Digital Scholarship’s 3D Digitization Coordinator:
- Creates digitization plans, including file organization strategy and training for part-time 3D Digitization Technicians.
- Supervises the training and workflow of part-time 3D Digitization Technicians, taking into consideration project deadlines, staff skills, and availability.
- Performs and manages the conversion of physical 3D artifact collections into digital files, using appropriate scanning equipment to capture three dimensional artifacts for inclusion in online digital collections, allowing access to unique content that would otherwise not be accessible to researchers and general information users.
- Performs and manages the clean-up and post-processing of output files to create three dimensional models for display in digital collections using 3D technology software, including Maya, Geomagic, Zbrush.
- Develops and oversees quality control check of 3D digitized objects to ensure high quality digital collections.
- Works with part-time Digitization Technicians to correct mistakes and implement protocols for continuous improvement.
- Uploads final approved files into 3D viewer software using Sketchfab.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 1-3 years of experience in digital project management. Prior supervisory experience and familiarity with any of the following areas: digitization, information management/organization, or 3D technology software.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree preferred. Coursework/professional development related to Library Science, Computer Science, Informatics, Knowledge Management, or other technology information management preferred. Background in Media Arts and Science and familiarity with library digital initiatives a plus.
Deadline for applications is October 6, 2017. Interested candidates can submit their application at https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/39672.