Enjoy complimentary access to NYTimes.com, courtesy of IUPUI University Library. Stay connected to the people, places, and topics that matter most with unlimited news, videos, and multimedia; anytime, anywhere.
If you are an IUPUI student, faculty, and staff member, you need to create an individual account with NYTimes.com using your university email address (@iu.edu or @iupui.edu) to take full advantage of the library’s subscription. The individual account is referred to as your IUPUI Group Pass. Students will be prompted to enter their anticipated graduation date in order to complete the registration process.
New IUPUI Affiliated Users - One-Time Activation of New York Times IUPUI Group Pass
- Go to Register New York Times Group Pass. If you are off-campus, you may need to CAS authenticate with your university credentials.
- Create an account using your university email address. Please note: If you already have a New York Times account using your university email address, you may log in with those credentials.
- When you see START YOUR ACCESS, the expiration time and date of your Group Pass will appear.
- Go to NYTimes.com or download the free NYT app. Visit nytimes.com/services/mobile.
Once activated, students will have full access until graduation date. Faculty and staff will have ongoing access.
Returning IUPUI Affiliated Users
Once you have activated your IUPUI Group Pass account, it should allow you full access until your expiration date with no further action on your part. However, if for any reason while on NYTimes.com you are served the message that you are reaching the limit of free articles on the site, please do the following: Make sure you are logged in to the New York Times account with which you activated your Group Pass. If you log out of your account or visit NYTimes.com on a device where you are not logged in, you can simply log in to your account to continue enjoying access.
If your Group Pass has expired: Go here to renew your Group Pass.
- 1851-1922: unlimited article availability
- 1923-1980: unlimited article availability for online reading, but limited to 5 article pdf viewing/downloading per day
- 1981-present: unlimited article availability
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.