University Archives

School of Dentistry Records, 1934-2003



UA 035
Qty.: 14.0 c.f. (14 cartons)
[Printer-friendly version]

ABSTRACT

The IU School of Dentistry was created in 1925 from the Indiana Dental College, a private, proprietary school established in Indianapolis in the nineteenth century. In 1933 the school moved to its present location with the completion of a new school building.

School of Continuing Education Records, 1958-2011


UA 032
16.4 c.f. (14 cartons and 4 document boxes)
[Printer-friendly version]

ABSTRACT

Purdue University in Indianapolis originally offered credit and non-credit courses to non-traditional students focusing on updating engineering and technical training. With the formation of IUPUI these courses continued at the 38th Street campus administered by the Continuing Education Office, with closer coordination with other campus schools. The IUPUI Division of the School of Continuing Studies was created in 1975 with the system-wide creation of the IU School of Continuing Studies, with the approval of an external degree program.

Records include correspondence, reports, publications, and other materials.

ACCESS

Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies Records, 1958-1996



UA 037
23 c.f. (23 cartons)
[Printer-friendly version]

ABSTRACT

Indiana University established the office of Vice President and Dean, Research and Advanced Studies in 1965. After the creation of IUPUI an Associate Dean for Research and Advanced Studies at IUPUI reported to the Chancellor as Dean of the Office of Sponsored Programs.