Stephen E. Towne
Assistant University Archivist
IUPUI University Library
Special Collections and Archives
755 West Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Last updated by bburk on 03/02/2009
- Transferring Office Information
- The department/office name including the name of person, address and phone number for person responsible for the records. This person will be contacted if further information about the records is needed for a complete and informed evaluation of the records.
- Records Information
- Title of records:
- Title by which this group of records is commonly known.
- Notify the Archives Staff at (317) 274-0464 before sending the records to the University Archives. In the event of a large volume of records to be transferred, the Archives Staff will examine the records onsite and prepare the records for shipment.
- A completed transmittal/inventory form (pdf file) must accompany the records to assist the Archives Staff in identifying the records.
This records retention schedule, developed with input from academic personnel records officers throughout the IU system, should be employed by all IUPUI units that maintain faculty personnel records in their offices. The schedule was approved by the Indiana University Academic Officers Committee on January 31, 2003, for system-wide use.
University Records NOT accepted by the IUPUI University Archives are listed below. These records can be destroyed or transferred elsewhere after their administrative or legal use has expired.
The IUPUI University Archives preserves significant records documenting the history and activities of IUPUI and its schools, departments, programs, and offices. Because of the vast amount of paperwork which is created at an institution of this size, only a small percentage of records can be preserved in the Archives. Accordingly, the University Archives has established some general guidelines to ensure that records of importance are preserved. These guidelines do not cover all records.
- The records of the official activities of University officers and offices at IUPUI are the property of Indiana University and may be deposited in the IUPUI University Archives, with the exception of patient records, individual student records, and certain personnel records.
- Such property is to be destroyed only after the approval of the officer in charge of the administrative unit where the papers accumulate and the University Archivist.
- The officer in charge of each administrative unit will determine when records cease to have current administrative v
11 c.f. (10 cartons, 3 document boxes)