This project was funded in part by the Hoyt-Reichmann Chair in German-American Studies.
|This collection is powered by CONTENTdm ®|
The Indiana University Training School for Nurses was established in Indianapolis in 1914 in conjunction with the establishment of the Robert W. Long Hospital and in association with the IU School of Medicine to offer training leading to a Registered Nurse diploma. A Division of Nursing Education under the IU School of Education was created on the Bloomington campus, and offered additional training to registered nurses seeking B.S. and M.S. degrees. The two programs were united with the creation of the School of Nursing in 1965 and located in Indianapolis.
Records include correspondence, minutes, reports, publications, and other materials.
Personnel and student records and other personal information in these records are restricted. All other material is open to the public without restriction. Copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) govern the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Cite as: Indiana University School of Nursing Records, 1914-2002, Ruth Lilly Special Collections and Archives, University Library, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis.
Accessions: A76-8, A78-1, A80-25, A81-2, A83-6, A85-23, A85-24, A85-25, A85-28, A85-31, A86-24, A86-25, A86-36, A88-28, A90-15, A91-27, A2002/03-003, A2002/03-028, A2003/04-036.
This preliminary inventory serves as an interim guide to the described records. A finished finding aid based on final appraisal and arrangement of the records of this university unit will be prepared at a future date.
755 West Michigan Street Room 0133 Indianapolis Indiana 46202 317-274-0464 Contact Us