University Archives Policy Statement
- The records of the official activities of University officers and
offices at IUPUI are the property of Indiana University and may be
deposited in the IUPUI University Archives, with the exception of patient
records, individual student records, and certain personnel records.
- Such property is to be destroyed only after the approval of the
officer in charge of the administrative unit where the papers accumulate and the
- The officer in charge of each administrative unit will determine when
records cease to have current administrative value. The University
Archivist will then determine which of these records have long term value
to the University and arrange their systematic transfer to the IUPUI
- The University Archivist shall consult with administrative officers to
determine restrictions to be placed upon the use of confidential records.
The University Archivist may reject materials and records which are
confidential by law or under University policy. Materials and records
which are confidential by law or under University policy shall be held by
the University Archivist as confidential.
- The IUPUI Chancellor may add such further procedures and directives as
may be necessary or appropriate.