Contact your subject librarian for assistance with:
- improving the quality and credibility of sources used by your students
- ensuring your students know how to find, use, and evaluate information effectively and ethically
- guiding your students to discipline- and subject-specific resources
Information Literacy (IL) can be integrated into your syllabus without adding significantly to your workload or time commitments; your librarian will tailor assistance to your needs.
What your librarian can do:
What you can do on your own:
*Learning outcomes for sessions are tied to Information Literacy, the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success and the Principles of Graduate and Professional Learning. These are just some of the areas your subject librarian can cover during IL instruction and research consultations:
- Thesis/topic development
- Research strategies
- Finding and evaluating sources
- Citing sources and plagiarism
- Social, economic, and legal aspects of information
- And more….