Department of English Records, 1963-2006 Preliminary Inventory UA- 007 Qty.: 12. 5c.f. (13 Cartons)
The English Department of IUPUI was formed from departments of both Indiana University-Indianapolis Downtown Campus and the Purdue University-Indianapolis Extension. The department became a unit in the School of Liberal Arts on its formation in 1972. Includes records of the Indiana Teachers of Writing.
In 1972 the Buildings Services Department reported to the Vice Chancellor/Dean for Administrative Affairs. Later, the department came under the supervision of the Director of Physical Plant. By 1992, the department was named Campus Facilities Services and reported to the Vice Chancellor for Administration.
The IU School of Dentistry was created in 1925 from the Indiana Dental College, a private, proprietary school established in Indianapolis in the nineteenth century. In 1933 the school moved to its present location with the completion of a new school building.