Donation Collection Containers Policy
- All donation collection containers in the University Library must be set up in a specific location to be pre-approved by the Associate Dean for Collections and Information Access or designee. No organization may have more than two (2) collection containers set up at any given time. Only appropriately approved and affiliated university groups and organizations may reserve space for collection boxes.
- All organizations are responsible for supplying their own collection container. All containers must be made of a solid and sturdy material that will not break down.
- All collection containers must clearly and visibly display the following information:
- Name of the IUPUI organization sponsoring the donation drive
- Name of the organization/agency to receive the donated items
- Collections start and end dates
- A listing of all acceptable items
- The University Library will not be held responsible for the security of any collection containers, nor any of the items that are collected during the donation drive.
- The sponsoring organization is responsible for picking up the collection container and all collected items no later than 5pm on the last day of donation drive. Collection boxes may be set up no more than two weeks prior to the last day of the donation drive.
- No cash or checks are allowed to be dropped off in any collection container. Employees at the Access Services Desk, the Reference Desk and staff in the University Library Administrative Office will not accept cash or check donations on behalf of any organization with a donation collection container.
- This service is available on a first come, first served basis.
Approved, Safety, Security & Signage Committee
07 June 2012
Contact John Cooper, Access Services Team Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 274-5281 if you have questions.