- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Research a Topic
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
International Newsroom @ University Library
News broadcasts from around the world!
Visit the International Newsroom in UL 2135 (2nd floor reference room) and view news and other programming available on our six flat-screen TVs:
- TV #1 - LinkTV multicultural channel; includes broadcasts of news in English via Al Jazeera at 7pm daily (FM 88.1)
- TV #2 - Headlines Today broadcasts from India in English (FM 89.1)
- TV #3 - CCTV-9 broadcasts from China in English (FM 91.0)
- TV #4 - KBS World is a Korean channel with English subtitles (FM 101.0)
- TV #5 - EuroNews news from Europe in English (FM 102.0)
- TV #6 - CNN en Espa (FM 105.0)
Audio is available by tuning to indicated FM frequency or by plugging headphones into the provided transmitters in the tables.
Viewing of special events will be announced!
For faculty the International Newsroom is a great resource for:
- multicultural assignments
- class "field trips"
- promoting study abroad
- international students
- writing assignments, and more!
The International Newsroom aligns with the Indiana University's Research, International Service Learning, and Experiential Learning (RISE) Initiative, which is a program to expand student engagement that includes international study experiences that enhance students' understanding of the world and special service learning opportunities. The International Newsroom will support the RISE Initiative and enable students and public patrons to tap into important news sources from across the globe that will connect them with events, create opportunities and foster understanding.
International study is evolving into an essential component of a world-class education. According to a recent study by the Association of American Colleges and Universities, 72% of employers want colleges to put more emphasis on Intercultural Knowledge and Global Issues.
For more information about the library's International Newsroom, please contact David Lewis, University Library Dean at (317) 274-0493 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated by kgreatba on 03/02/2010