- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Guides to Research
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
Fine or Lost Book Appeals and Inquiries
If you think the library has made an error or if you have a special situation that made it difficult for you to return or renew materials on time, you may file an appeal by filling out the form below.
- No appeals will be accepted by telephone or in person.
- Charges may be upheld, reduced or cancelled.
- Appeals must be filed within 6 months of the original billing date.
- The appeal process may take 1-2 weeks to complete.
- You will be notified by e-mail or US mail of the results of your inquiry.
- Please print out a copy of this form for your records.
Please Note: Appeals based on not knowing the library rules or the amount of fines, claiming your need was greater than another's, being too busy, being out of town, uncertainty about the due date, failing to receive an overdue notice, or failing to read your e-mail are generally not regarded as valid reasons for cancelling or reducing library charges.
Last updated by andjsmit on 12/01/2008