- Find Articles & More
- Find Books & More
- Research a Topic
- Information Literacy
- Digital Scholarship
- Patron Services
- Room Reservations
- Interlibrary Loan
- Faculty Support
- Also in the Library
- About Us
- Library Hours
- Library Policies
Outstanding Student Employee Scholarship
University Library is awarding four $250 scholarships, in the form of fee remission, to student employees of University and Herron Libraries. Listed below are the criteria and eligibility requirements for the awards and the application form.
UNIVERSITY LIBRARY STUDENT EMPLOYEE SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- Applications must be received by Oct 1st. Incomplete applications and/or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Scholarships will be awarded as a $250 fee remission to be applied to the recipients' bursar account
- Award recipients will be selected by the IUPUI University Library Student Employee Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants cannot receive this award for two consecutive years.
- University Library & Herron Library Graduate Assistants and Diversity Fellows are not eligible.
- Applicants must:
- have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- be a current employee of University Library or Herron Library who has worked at the library for at least three months prior to the date of application
- be a current student of IUPUI who maintains a minimum of 6 credit hours during the fall semester and enrolls in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the spring semester
- provide a copy of his/her unofficial transcript & current enrollment information from the Student Information System (SIS)
- provide a 300-1,000 word essay describing his/her job at the library, the impact the award would have on the his/her education, and his/her overall educational and professional goals.
- provide a letter of recommendation from someone who knows his/her work at the library. A second, optional recommendation letter may be submitted from a faculty member or personal reference.
- After award recipients are chosen, all submitted materials containing confidential information will be destroyed.
Please send the letter of recommendation and the unofficial transcripts to:
755 W. Michigan St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
For questions about the award please contact the Library's
ULSG Executive Committee.
Last updated by andjsmit on 12/23/2010